September 14, 2004

And that's the way it is............

Well, my boss just called and said that the decision has been made in NY by HR and the VP of CP Sales not to honor my request for a leave of absence. They based the decision on the business climate in which they currently find themselves. That is, that I am now the sole Account Manager (versus two NAM's) calling on Meijer, a high exposure account in the world of soaps and detergents. The feeling among the CP higher-ups is that with all the future plans for continued growth at this account, they can't afford to leave the position open for any length of time. They did however offer me a 2-3 week vacation to go "visit" Israel, but that just ain't gonna cut it.

In my own mind I know that they would not be facing this predicament had they not let go of my counterpart (CL), for whom I have a great deal of respect and whom I know firsthand did a magnificent job building his business and acting as a mentor and friend to me in my two years calling on this account. His results speak for themselves, as does the sense of bewilderment expressed by his many admirers at Meijer who have acknowlegded to me both privately and publicly that his removal a sham.

Anyway, have no fear because I actually feel better now after finding out that my request for a leave of absence has been rejected. Had I left under those circumstances, I would have left feeling as though there was still some small chain around my leg. I would have had to deal with being in Israel and then come December having to jump thru hoops in order to get the leave extended and then do it all over again in April, etc, etc... just to ensure receipt of little bonus check.

So yes, while the money would have been nice, I am now able to focus entirely on moving forward on this journey with a clean slate. And for this to happen to me during the month of Elul seems to be a real blessing. I can now pack up and hit the road with the knowledge that I've been given the chance to begin completely anew. THANK G-d. I can now begin to focus much of my prayers and thoughts of teshuva on a true return, as the word means. I am returning to my homeland, the land of my forefathers.

Peace.



2 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger zevbrokeit said...

Gam zu l'tovah. Jobs are for saps.

Go forth on your new path with new strength.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Becky said...

... and take us with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>