September 10, 2004

So its been a while since my last post and a lot has happened. First and foremost, I want to thank Cara P. for teaching me how to put pictures on my website. I'm very excited about this because as most of you know, I have rarely left my apt. this year without my camera. So anyway, hopefully you'll enjoy some of my pictures.

I guess the topic on everybody's mind when talking to me is my move to Israel. Here's a brief recap of the latest news. I gave my notice - sort of - on Tuesday. I'm actually in a state of limbo right now b/c I actually asked for a leave of absence so that I would be eligible for health insurance and also my sales bonus for the 3rd quarter which ends a few days before I leave. So anyway, I have not been given an answer either way by Colgate, so right now all I know is that I'm leaving on Oct. 3 and maybe I'll be able to count on a little money coming in after being in Israel for a few months.

This week I ordered a new laptop to take with me so that I can keep up with all my peeps around the globe.

I've also been busy packing up my stuff and looking for a place to store my boxes and furniture while I'm gone. I just got word from a good friend that his boss is going to let me store my belongings in his warehoure. This is a huge relief b/c it's centrally located in the city and it will also save me some money. I'll be moving my stuff out of the apt. on Sept. 27 in the AM with the help of a few good friends. Thanks.

So aside from all this Israel stuff, this week has been filled with alot of other stuff as well. First of all, I bid a very sad farwell to my beautiful friends Alex and Leah N. and their kids. They left for Israel on Tuesday morning and will be with their family in Acre for the chaggim. Luckily I will see them when I get there, but after they leave, it's going to be difficult adjusting to life without Friday night dinners at their home. I will miss you guys!

Here's a pictures of them when they visited me and my friends in Chicago last week.


On Monday and Wednesday this past week, I woke up around 4:30 AM and rode my bike down to the lakefront at Diversey harbor and watched a couple of amazing sunrises. I actually wrapped tefillin and davened there on Monday morning. It was really cool to actually do that at Neitz and be able to see the changes of the daylight occur right in front of me. Check out these pictures.




And of course, no week would be complete for me without the Cubs. My buddy Brian and I saw a great game on Monday afternoon (picture) and we saw one of the worst defeats of the season on Wed. Needless to say, we had much fun at both games.


Shabbat Shalom to all.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Илья ильф у красивой женщины всегда красивое имя
!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>